Date: April 13, 2020
MW Company LLC (hereinafter “MW”, “we”, “our”, or “us”). is committed to safeguarding and handling your Personal Information in a responsible manner.
- Through our website www.MW.Company, and any and all websites owned, operated, or controlled by us from which you are accessing this Policy, including our portfolio brands (such brands, collectively the “MW Portfolio”, and such websites, collectively, the “Websites”):
- ADV.1 Wheels (https://www.adv1wheels.com/)
- CCW Wheels (https://ccwheel.com/)
- Driven Motorsport (https://drivensteering.net/)
- Forgestar Wheels (https://www.forgestar.com/)
- HiPer Technology (https://hiper-technology.com/)
- MOMO North America (https://momo.com/en-us/),
- MOMO South America (https://momo.com/es-sa/),
- WELD (https://www.weldwheels.com/); and
- through the software applications made available by us for use on or through computers and mobile devices (the “Apps”)
- through our social media pages that we control from which you are accessing this Policy (collectively, our “Social Media Pages”)
- through HTML-formatted email messages that we send you that link to this Policy and through your communications with us
Collectively, we refer to the Websites, the Apps, the Social Media Pages, and any other services, tools, technology, products, features, communications, and applications, as the “Services.” We are not responsible for the data handling practices of third party websites, apps or services, including those to which we may include links on our website or applications or that link to us.
The following terms have the meanings indicated below:
- “User” refers to any individual guest who accesses, browses, or in any way uses or interacts with the Services, including individuals who create accounts, leave comments or reviews, and otherwise interact with other Users or the Services.
- “Business Customer” refers to any business entity who accesses, browses, or in any way uses or interacts with the Services.
- “Personal Information” is any information that identifies you or makes you identifiable.
1. Information We Collect
We collect different types of Personal Information when you access or use our Services, including:
Information You Provide Us
In connection with the Services, we may ask you to provide these categories of Personal Information:
- Account Information: When you create a User account, we store and use the information you provide during that process, such as your first and last name; email address; mailing address; phone number, and any other information you provide during the account creation process.
- Self-Reported Information: Information you provide about yourself, as well as records and copies of such correspondence, should you contact us.
- Payment Information: If and when you make a purchase through our Services, you will need to provide us with a credit card for payment, including billing information such as your billing address, phone number, and name on the payment card. We utilize certain third party service providers to process payment, who store information securely and only for the purposes of making an order through our Services.
- Voluntary Information: Information you provide to us voluntarily by filling in forms, in survey responses, participation in contests, promotions, or other prospective seller marketing forms or devices, suggestions for improvements, referrals, reviews, submissions or any other actions performed on the Services.
- User Contributions: Information you may provide that is to be published, utilized, or displayed on (i) public areas of the Services such as message boards, blogs, and community forums, (ii) other websites, applications, or services accessed throughout the Services, or (iii) transmitted to other Users of the Services or third parties.
Your User Contributions are posted and transmitted to others at your own risk. We cannot control the actions of other users or third parties with whom you may choose to share your User Contributions. Therefore, we cannot and do not guarantee that your User Contributions will be shielded from unauthorized persons. Additionally, we do not monitor or collect information you disclose inside online public forums, nor do we accept any liability associated with your voluntary disclosure of same. To request removal of your Personal Information from our blog or community forum, contact us at email@example.com.
Information Provided to Us by Business Customers
- Account Information: Information provided by a Business Customer, such as the Business Customer name, company phone number, representative email address, and physical address.
- Collection of Business Customer’s users Contact Information: Information Business Customer’s collect and input from its users, including email address, shipment information, phone number, and payment information.
Information Collected from Third Parties
By using the Website to access or connect to a social network or other third-party platform or service (e.g., Facebook, Twitter), you authorize us to collect, store, and use any and all information in the same manner and to the same extent that you agreed the social network or third-party platform could collect, store, or use the information. Once the Personal Information has been transferred to the Websites from a third party, you may or may not be able to rescind or remove the information.
Information We Automatically Collect From Your Use of our Services
We collect Personal Information about you and the devices you use to access the Services, (“Usage Information”), as described below:
- Service Data: Information about your interactions with the Services, such as the pages or other content you view, and other actions you perform while using the Services.
- Geolocation Information. The location of your device.
- Device Information: Information about your device, including your hardware model, operating system and version, device name, unique device identifier, mobile network information, and information about the device’s interaction with our Services.
- Use Information: We automatically collect log information on how you use our Services, including your access time, “log-in” and “log-out” information, browser type and language, country and language setting on your device, Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, the domain name of your Internet service provider, other attributes about your browser, mobile device and operating system, any specific page you visit on our platform, content (including photos) you view, create or share, features you use, the date and time of your visit to or use of the Services, your search terms, the website or service you visited before you visited or used the Services (if applicable), data about how you interact with the Services, and other clickstream data. We may also track your actions in response to any messages you receive from MW or through the Services, such as whether you deleted, opened, or forwarded such messages.
- Cookies and Similar Tracking Technologies: We may use various tracking technologies to collect and store information about your use of our Services. We use these tools to ensure that you receive a personalized experience, to provide you with certain functions on our Services, to keep your account safe, and to improve and optimize our Services. Please refer to the Cookies and Similar Tracking Technology section below for more information.
2. How We Use Your Information
We may use your Personal Information for various purposes, including:
To Provide you with our Services:
When you access or use our Services we process certain Personal Information about you to provide, improve, maintain, and develop our services. These may include:
- Determining whether the Services are available in your country;
- Providing you with the MW Portfolio products and MW Portfolio Websites you choose to use;
- Verifying your identity;
- Displaying your historical usage information;
- Developing new products and services;
- Delivering the information and support you request, including technical notices, security alerts, and support and administrative messages including to resolve disputes, collect fees, and provide assistance for problems with our Services or your account;
- Improving, personalizing, and facilitating your use of our Services; measuring, tracking, and analyzing trends and usage in connection with your use or the performance of our Services; or
- For any other purpose with your consent.
We cannot provide you with our Services without such processing of your Personal Information.
To Communicate with you.
If you use our Services, we may send you Service related communications, via email, phone, push notification, or otherwise, using the contact information you provide to us, make publicly available, or that we have on record for you or your business. Such communications relate to account information, information that you have requested, surveys and feedback that we request, or messaging related to new features of our Services. We may also communicate with you and potential future customers about opportunities, products, services, contests, promotions, discounts, incentives, surveys, and rewards offered by us and select partners. You can manage your email and push notification preferences and opt out of certain communications. However, Service-related communications, as well as security and legal notices, are necessary for us to continue to provide our Services to you.
To Enforce our Terms, Agreements, or Policies
To maintain a safe, secure, and trusted environment for you when you use the Services, we use your Personal Information to make sure our terms, policies, and agreements with you and any third parties are enforced. We actively monitor, investigate, prevent, mitigate, and report fraud, misrepresentations, security breaches or incidents, other potentially prohibited or illegal activities on our Services for your protection. We are required to process your Personal Information for this purpose to provide our Services.
To Comply with Applicable Laws
To verify your identity; comply with any applicable laws or regulations, or in response to lawful requests for information from the government or through legal process; fulfill any other purpose disclosed to you in connection with our Services; contact you to resolve disputes, collect fees, and provide assistance with our Services.
3. How We Share Your Information
We may share your Personal Information in certain circumstances, as follows:
Disclosure to our Service Providers
We may disclose data, including Personal Information, that we collect or you provide as described in this Policy, to service providers we use in connection with the Services, such as:
- To process and store data, including Personal Information;
- To aid in the maintenance of the Website and Services;
- For auditing purposes;
- To process payments on the Website;
- To track, analyze, and modify our Services;
- To aid in marketing, advertising, and distribution efforts;
- To assist us in providing you with customer support; and
- To support our IT and security efforts.
- We use third-party service providers to provide site metrics and other analytics services.
Disclosure with MOMO S.R.L..
When a User makes a purchase through the MyMOMO application, we may provide your Personal Information to the licensor of the Intellectual Property, MOMO s.r.l, solely for manufacturing, shipping, and the satisfaction of other business purposes.
Disclosure to Other Third Parties
We may additionally share information with certain third parties as further outlined in Section 7 below.
Merger, Bankruptcy, or Corporate Reorganization
We may disclose and transfer your Personal Information to a subsequent owner, co-owner, or operator of one or more of the Services; or in connection with (including, without limitation, during the negotiation or due diligence process of) a corporate merger, consolidation, or restructuring; the sale of substantially all of our stock and/or assets; financing, acquisition, divestiture, or dissolution of all or a portion of our business; or other corporate change.
Safety and Compliance with Law
We may share your Personal Information if we believe that disclosure is reasonably necessary (i) to comply with any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request (e.g., from tax authorities, law enforcement agencies, etc.); (ii) to enforce or comply with our General Terms or other applicable agreements or policies; (iii) to protect our or our customers’ rights or property, or the security or integrity of our Services; or (iv) to protect us, users of our Services or the public from harm, fraud, or potentially prohibited or illegal activities.
With Your Consent
We will share your information with your specific consent at your direction or as described at the time you agree to share such information. This includes disclosing your Personal Information with other users of our Services with whom you interact through your own use of our Services; with our group companies and corporate affiliates. If you provide your consent to share your information, you may withdraw your consent at any time. Withdrawing your consent will not undo or reverse the lawfulness of any previous processing, and in some cases Personal Information may not be retrieved once shared. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to withdraw your consent.
We also may share (within our group of companies or with third parties) aggregated and de-identified information that does not specifically identify you or any individual user of our Services.
5. Children’s Information
Our Services are general audience services not directed at children under the age of 13. If we obtain actual knowledge that we have collected or received Personal Information from a child under the age of 13, we will promptly delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under the age of 13, please contact us at email@example.com.
6. Cookies and Similar Tracking Technology
- Identify the number of unique visitors we receive, so that we can provide enough capacity to accommodate all of our users;
- Customize elements of the promotional layout and/or content of our Services;
- Collect data about the way you interact with our Services;
- Collect data to assess and improve our advertising campaigns;
- Allow our business partners (including third parties) to use these tracking technologies to track your behavior on our behalf on our Platform and on partner websites;
- Enable third parties to collect data about the way you interact across sites outside of our Services; and
- Collect anonymous statistical information about how you use the Services and the location from which you access the Services.
Most web and mobile device browsers are set to automatically accept cookies by default. However, you can change your browser settings to prevent automatic acceptance of cookies, or to notify you each time a cookie is set. You also can learn more about cookies by visiting http://www.allaboutcookies.org , which includes additional useful information on cookies and how to block cookies on different types of browsers and mobile devices. Please note that by blocking or deleting cookies used in the Services, you may not be able to access secure areas of our Services, and/or parts of the Services may not work properly for you.
7. Third Party Services
The Services includes social media features such as the Facebook Like button, and widgets, such as the Share This button. These features may collect your IP address, which page you are visiting on our websites, and may set a cookie to enable the feature to function properly. Social media features and widgets are either hosted by a third party or hosted directly on our websites.
Some services, like Facebook Connect, give you the option to post information about your activities on our websites or Services to your profile page to share with others within your network or by accessing the contacts in your Facebook or other social media account. If you choose to share your Personal Information on a third-party social media platform, the sharing settings and data use practices of that platform will control how your Personal Information is used. The sharing cannot be revoked or undone once completed.
9. Your Choices
For Personal Information that we have about you, you have the following choices:
Accessing Personal Information
You may access, change, or correct information that you have provided by logging into your MW account at any time or by making a request to us using the contact details below, in which case we may need to verify your identity before granting access or otherwise changing or correcting your information. Please note that should you decide to remove some of your data, your ability to use certain functionality of the Website may be limited.
Self-Reported and Voluntary Information.
You may choose not to provide us with some of your Personal Information. For example, you are not required to complete any survey we send to you. In some instances, you may be able to edit your answers to forms, surveys or features you submit to us. If you cannot find the information you are looking for in your account, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with your request.
If you do not want to receive emails from us, please adjust your communication preferences or click the unsubscribe link within the email you received from us. You will not be able to unsubscribe from Services-related communications as they are necessary for us to continue offering you the Services.
Deactivating your Account
At any time, you can deactivate your account related applications downloaded on your devices. Simply deleting related applications does not deactivate your account, nor does it delete the related Personal Information. If you would like to deactivate your account, you can do so by logging into your MW account or by emailing us using the contact details provided below. Additionally, deactivating your account does not delete the account nor the information stored on the Services, which shall exist on the Services indefinitely. If you would like to delete your account or any information therein, you may do so by contacting email@example.com with your request Please note that such deletion of Personal Information is subject to limitations, including any applicable legal retention requirements.
In order to provide certain Services, we may require access to location information, including precise geolocation information collected from your device. If you do not consent to the collection of this information, certain Services will not function properly and you will not be able to use those Services. You can stop collection of location information at any time by changing the preferences on your mobile device. If you do so, some of our mobile application features will no longer function. You also may stop collection of location information via mobile application by following the standard uninstall process to remove the MW mobile application.
10. Notice to Individuals in California
California law permits California residents to ask us for a notice that identifies the categories of Personal Information that we share with our affiliates and/or third parties for marketing purposes, and that provides contact information for such affiliates and/or third parties. If you are a California resident and would like a copy of this notice, please submit a written request to us at the address provided under Section 13 (Contact).
Do Not Track Signals
MW does not track its customers over time and across third party websites to provide targeted advertising and therefore does not respond to Do Not Track (DNT) signals. However, some third-party sites do keep track of your browsing activities when they serve you content, which enables them to tailor what they present to you.
This section only applies to individuals who are residents of California under the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (“California Law”) where the resident is acting in their own capacity and not acting on behalf of a company or organization in the context of business activities.
(a) Personal Information Collected.
Below is a summary of the Personal Information MW has collected in the preceding twelve months, the reason we collect your Personal Information, where we obtain the Personal Information we collect about you, and the third parties that we share your Personal Information categorized as defined and outlined in California Law.
|Category of Information||Sources of Information||Purpose of Information Collection||How we share it|
|Identifiers||We collect identifiers from your use of the Services, Account Information, Use Information, and from third parties, as outlined in Section 1 above.||We collect identifiers to Provide Our Services, to Communicate with you, Enforce our Terms, Agreements, and Policies, and to Comply with Applicable Laws, as outlined in Section 2 above.||We share identifiers with our MW Portfolio, Service Providers, for Safety and Compliance with Law, and for any other purpose with your consent, as outlined in Section 3 above.|
|Personal information under California Civil Code section 1798.80||We collect Section 1798.80 information from your use of the Services, Account Information, Self-Reported Information, Use Information, and from third parties, as outlined in Section 1 above.||We collect Section 1798.80 information to Provide Our Services, to Communicate with you, to Enforce our Terms, Agreements, and Policies, and to Comply with Applicable Law as outlined in Section 2 above.||We share Section 1798.80 information with our MW Portfolio, Service Providers, for Safety and Compliance with Law, and for any other purpose with your consent, as outlined in Section 3 above.|
|Electronic network activity information||We collect network information through your use of the Services, Device Information, Use Information, Account Information, and third parties, as outlined in Section 1 above.||We collect network information to Provide Our Services, to Communicate with you, and to Comply with Applicable Laws, as outlined in Section 2 above.||We share network information with our MW Portfolio, Service Providers, for Safety and Compliance with Law, and for any other purpose with your consent, as outlined in Section 3 above.|
|Geolocation data||We collect geolocation data through your use of the Services, Service Data, Device Information, Use Information, and third parties, as outlined in Section 1 above.||We collect geolocation data to provide our Services, to communicate with you, and to Comply with Applicable Laws, as outlined in Section 2 above.||We share geolocation data with our MW Portfolio, Service Providers, for Safety and Compliance with Law, and for any other purpose with your consent, as outlined in Section 3 above.|
|Inferences||We develop inference data through your Self-Reported Information, Use Information, User Contributions, Account Information, and third parties, as outlined in Section 1 above.||We develop inference data to Provide Our Services, and to Communicate with you, as outlined in Section 2 above.||We share inference data with our MW Portfolio, Service Providers and for our Legal Obligations, as outlined in Section 3 above.|
(b) California Residents’ Privacy Rights.
Under California Laws, California residents have the following rights (“Rights”) listed below. Your Right to Access and Right to Deletion are not absolute and are subject to certain exceptions. For instance, we cannot disclose specific pieces of Personal Information if the disclosure would create a substantial, articulable, and unreasonable risk to the security of the Personal Information, your account with us or the security of the business’s systems of networks.
- Disclosure & Access Rights: California residents have the right to request that we disclose to them (i) the categories of personal information we have collected about them, (ii) the categories of sources from which personal information is collected, (iii) the business or commercial purpose for the information collection, (iv) the categories of third parties with whom we have shared personal information, and (v) the specific pieces of personal information we hold about an individual.
- Deletion Rights: California consumers have the right to have their Personal Information deleted, unless the Personal Information is necessary for the business or service provider to:
- complete a transaction for which the Personal Information was collected, provide a good or service requested by the consumer or otherwise perform a contract between the business and the consumer;
- detect security incidents;
- protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent or illegal activity (or prosecute those responsible);
- debug to identify and repair functionality errors;
- exercise or ensure the right of another to exercise free speech or another legal right;
- comply with the California Electronic Communications Privacy Act, which compels the production of or access to electronic communication information or electronic device information with a search warrant;
- engage in research in the public interest (if the consumer has provided informed consent);
- to enable solely internal uses aligned with the consumer’s expectations given their relationship with the business;
- comply with a legal obligation;
- otherwise use the information internally in a lawful manner compatible with the context in which the consumer provided it.
- Opt-Out of Selling Your Personal Information to Third Parties: Californian consumers have the right to opt-out of having their Personal Information sold to third parties.
- Under the law, MW’s sharing of Personal Information with our Third Party Marketing Partners may constitute a “sale” by definition. Please note that any Personal Information previously shared with Third Party Partners cannot be undone. You can opt-out of such information sharing by clicking on the Do Not Sell My Info link in the footer of our homepage.
Californians can exercise their privacy rights by contacting us at +1-800-788-9353 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We will handle request under Applicable Law in California. When a request is made, we may verify your identity to protect your privacy and security. We will respond to written rights requests within 45 days following receipt at the e–mail or mailing address stated above. Please note that we are only required to respond to each customer twice per 12 month period.
11. Notice to Residents of the European Economic Area and Switzerland
This section only applies to individuals using or accessing our Services while located in the European Economic Area, the United Kingdom, or Switzerland (collectively, the “Designated Countries”) at the time of data collection. We may ask you to identify which country you are located in when you use or access some of the Services, or we may rely on your IP address to identify which country you are located in. When we rely on your IP address, we cannot apply the terms of this section to any individual that masks or otherwise hides their location information from us so as not to appear located in the Designated Countries. If any terms in this section conflict with other terms contained in this Policy, the terms in this section shall apply to individuals in the Designated Countries.
Our Relationship to You.
We are a data controller with regard to any Personal Information collected from individuals accessing or using its Services. A “data controller” is an entity that determines the purposes for which and the manner in which any Personal Information is processed.
We use your Personal Information under certain legal bases permitted under the law, including:
- With your consent
- To satisfy legal obligations
- If we need to, to fulfill a contract with you, or to enter into a contract with you
- Based on our legitimate interests
We will only contact you if you are located in the Designated Countries by electronic means (including email or SMS) based on our legitimate interests, as permitted by applicable law or your consent. If you do not want us to use your Personal Information in this way, please click the unsubscribe link at the bottom of any of our email messages to you or contact us at email@example.com. You can object to direct marketing at any time and free of charge.
We provide you with the rights described below when you use our Services. We may limit your individual rights requests: (a) where denial of access is required or authorized by law; (b) when granting access would have a negative impact on other’s privacy; (c) to protect our rights and properties; or (d) where the request is frivolous or unrealistic. If you would like to exercise your rights under applicable law, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- You can request access or deletion of your Personal Information.
- You can correct or update your Personal Information, object to processing or your Personal Information, ask us to restrict processing of your Personal Information or request portability of your Personal Information.
- If we collected and processed your Personal information with your consent, then you can withdraw your consent at any time. Withdrawing your consent will not affect the lawfulness of the processing we conducted prior to your withdrawal, nor will it affect processing of your Personal Information conducted in reliance on lawful processing grounds other than consent.
- You have the right to complain to your local data protection authority about our collection and use of your Personal Information.
If you have any questions or concerns relating to this Policy, you may correspond with us by phone, mail or email at:
MW Company, LLC.
6600 Stadium Drive Kansas City, MO 64129
© MW Company, LLC. All Rights Reserved.